More awards and grants!
• Elsje van Bergen and two Norwegian colleagues just received a €1.2 million grant from the Research Council of Norway. The project, called GenEd, will focus on why dyslexia, dyscalculia, and ADHD run in families. GenEd is an interdisciplinary collaboration from educational sciences, psychology, public health, and behaviour genetics and will take place from 2023 to 2029.
• Dorret Boomsma received the Ming Tsuang Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Society of Psychiatric Genetics for the Netherlands Twin Register and her ongoing work in twin genetics research.
• Sanne Geeraerts has been awarded a Marie Skłodowska Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship. She will conduct two years of full-time research into the transmission of parenting, involving data synthesis of three generation studies.
• Jana Runze has collected several awards and bursaries, including a Talent Fund from the VU to travel for a lab visit to Bristol.
• Stefanos Mastrotheodoros won the EARA Young Scholar Award for his research on the development of parenting and transfer of relationship quality in adolescence.
• Johan Bolhuis has been appointed Honorary Fellow of St Catharine’s College, Cambridge.